On Friday, during the early hours of the morning, the book fairy delivered Ashley Rice’s book, “You Are A Girl Who Can Do Anything: A Very Special Book To Cheer You On And Help You Achieve Greatness” to my eight year old daughter. When she awoke, she was excited to see a new and inspiring book leaning against her door. She loved the book so much that she plans to take it to school in the Fall so she has something inspirational to read if she is feeling unsure of herself. She also liked the bookmark with the star to mark her page and the drawings.
From a mom’s point of view, the book does a really nice job of sharing principles that a girl of at least 8 to 10 (perhaps older) can understand. Several examples are:
- You are a girl who can do anything
- You have everything it takes to succeed
- You are a girl who will go far
- Reach for the stars and you will catch them
- It’s a girl’s world
- Follow your passion
- Show the world what you’ve got
- You are brave, amazing and real
- It’s ok to fail sometimes
- Look deep inside for the courage you need
- Remember… you are not alone
Typically, there is one principle for every two pages. The author does a nice job of explaining what each means while providing uplifting words. I might actually add a few of the book’s principles to my own list.
We definitely recommend the book!
If you have any other book recommendations like this for boys or girls, we would love to know.